Substance Misuse Nurse RMN - Private Clinic x2
We are working with a very prestigious Healthcare provider and specialist clinic in Central London! They are looking for two dedicated and experienced RMN`s who specialise in Substance misuse to work in there new detox Clinic. This is a great opportunity for somebody with experience working within misuse to be part of a new and exciting team!!
RMN - Responsibilities
- Ensure support is provided by other members of the multi-disciplinary team to patients with medication and to ensure medication management and care for those undergoing a medically monitored detox complies with:
- Company medical procedures and standards;
- Good nursing practice
- Relevant legislation;
- Particularly regarding record keeping and the safe administration of the medications held within the centre.
- Assist the doctor in assessment of referred patients prior to or at the time of commencement of treatment
- To take overall charge in administration of medications for patients
- To be responsible for safe keeping of any medication in the unit.
- To help liaise with patients` GP/Hospital for any on-going physical/mental health problem
- To support the multi-disciplinary team to ensure, prompt and assist patients to self- administer their medications as prescribed.
- To help with all required patient nursing duties including monitoring of vital signs, withdrawal questionnaires, where and when needed.
- To assist to provide psychosocial support and education to patients as and when needed, particularly around well-being and health matters.
- To partake in any other duties deemed necessary by the Clinical Lead and doctor respectively.
- To ensure appropriate and supportive patient admission into the clinic
- To complete triage assessments for all patients
- To report to counselling staff on the activities and well-being of all patients in the centre.
- To be part of the on call 24 hours a day rota and to hold the emergency phone
- To support and facilitate patients during their admission to treatment, including administering of drug tests, conducting bag searches, accompanying patients during the doctor`s assessment and preparations of patient files.
- To ensure that patients understand and follow all rules outlined in the therapeutic contract.
- Act as liaison for the patients to the clinical staff, relating needs and requests.
- Supervise the safety, upkeep and maintenance of the clinic.
- Remind, redirect, reprimand and report patients that break rules or regulations according to the Company guidelines.
- Observe patient`s medications according to the schedule and keep accurate records.
RMN - Skills
- Candidates for the position of Nurse will have relevant qualifications in nursing - Nursing qualification & Pin Number
- A minimum of two years of experience is required in a health care setting, mental health or addictive disease treatment program in a similar position.
- Experience of working in a supportive residential environment.
- Professional expertise in nursing with patients with behavioural health problems
- Clear communication for various audiences, written (word-processing and hand) and oral
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
- DBS Enhanced clearance or equivalent.
If you are interested in these RMN vacancies please send your CV to and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on for more information.
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month."