Travel and Tourism Consumer Affairs Adviser/Customer Relations E
Travel and Tourism --Consumer Affairs Adviser/ Customer Relations Executive (six month contract)
- Ensure that correspondence (letters/emails) are registered and scanned on the Database within 24 hours of receipt.
- Ensure that all correspondence is dealt with properly and within the timeframes as agreed with the Consumer Relations Manager/ customer relations team .
- To identify any potential court claims, arbitrations or other serious complaints and liaise with Members.
- Knowledge of the ABTA Code of Conduct.
- Where appropriate approach Members and refer cases to the Legal Department, Destination and Sustainability and/or ABTA’s Claims Handling Partner.
- Advise consumers (travellers) how they can pursue matters and advise on the options available should the dispute remain unresolved.
- Ensure that records are kept of correspondence with clients and members and that, where appropriate are kept within the relevant Drives.
- Provide information and data to Members through visits, presentations, or other events.
- When required ensure that Arbitration Claims are processed in accordance with the Scheme Rules and Guidelines
- Literacy – the Consumer Affairs Adviser will have a high standard of literacy and excellent communication skills.
- An understanding of the ABTA Code of Conduct.
- Experience in the travel industry of dealing with complaints.
- Willingness to learn and get involved.
- Patience and calmness under pressure.
- Good people skills and telephone manner.
- Ability to handle difficult situations.