Assistant Care Manager - Outreach Services
This a 30 hour per week role.
We are proud to be recruiting for a charity who provide support, outreach and respite services for children and adults with a range of disabilities in the Hampshire area.
To work as part of the service management team supporting the manager in delivering high standards of support to service users and providing support and leadership to staff.
- Line management of a group of staff as directed by the Registered Manager
- To take responsibility for the management of the service and staff on shift in the absence of the manager, making day to day decisions and carrying out tasks as delegated
- Leading a shift as required
- Outreach sessions as required
- Activities sessions as required
- Assisting the manager in recruiting, training and supporting staff
- Supporting the manager in the achievement of financial objectives
- As determined by the Registered Manager and in the needs of the service, working regularly as part of the shift to provide personal support and assistance to service users
- Provide personal care and support to service users as required.
- To assist the manager in preparing rotas and work schedules to meet the needs of service users.
- To be a part of the on call rota
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Understand the principles and values that underpin service provision for disabled children and adults
- Knowledge of disabilities
- Sound knowledge of H&S requirements
- Leadership and Management Award or prepared to work towards
- Good IT skills
- A good level of experience in supervising staff and dealing with a range of staffing issues
- Demonstrable experience of supporting people with a disability
- Be prepared to become a trainer in a core subject as directed by the Registered Manager