Toolmaker - Circa £30,000
Our well-established and expanding client based in Whitchurch are currently recruiting for an experienced Toolmaker.
Toolmaker Role and Accountabilities
The post holder will be accountable to the Toolroom Manager.
- Making and assembling new plastic injection moulds to a very high standard (this involves accurately reading/interpreting highly technical engineering drawings, accurate final grinding of mould parts and the final assembly of complete moulds, all to a very high standard)
- Actively participating in and facilitating continuous improvements to tooling and production methods
- Maintaining and updating relevant documentation
- Working as part of a team to ensure set targets for delivery, quality and efficiency are met
- Assisting in the training of apprentice toolmakers
Experience and Competencies Required
- In addition to the required professional and technical expertise, candidates will be motivated and flexible with the ability to work on their own initiative
- A customer and quality focus is essential
- The ability to get on with others and to work as part of a team is also essential as is the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a keen eye for detail
- Toolmaking apprenticeship
- Proven post apprenticeship experience in a similar mould toolmaking company
- Detailed working knowledge of the assembly on new high quality mould tools and the use of surface grinding machines, Toolroom inspection equipment and the ability to read and interpret highly technical engineering drawings
- Experience of multi-cavity tooling with hot runner systems is highly desirable
- An appropriate qualification (e.g. HNC/D in Production and Mechanical Engineering or NVQ equivalent etc.) is desirable as is good computer skills and Mathematics at GCSE Grade C or above
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 19 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit www. jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website www. jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.