Sales Manager (New Business)
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum (+ excellent bonus package)
Nottingham City Centre
Our client is seeking a tenacious and target-driven individual to develop business plans and strategies that expand the events customer base, maximising event revenues and ensuring all sales targets are met. You will utilise your time effectvely to liaise and meet with clients on a regular basis in order to achieve new business.
- Identify and pursue potential new business opportunities, following up all leads.
- Acquire and develop relationships with corporate clients, via external networking events, internal trips and direct outbound sales calling.
- Review and develop new Events packages that will drive revenue and profitability to all areas of the business.
- Build professional working relationships with entertainment, technical and event companies to obtain the best costs.
- Ensure the debtors list is managed effectively and all payments from bookings are taken in advance unless authorized by the Venue Director.
- Attend weekly meetings with Venue Director to update on upcoming sales opportunities, events and activities.
- Motivate and manage the Events team, reviewing performance and training where required
- Maintain and update the events database via sales e-shots, telephone calls and direct mail.
Skills / Experience / Attributes
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Previous experience within a sales management
- Experience of working in a multi-faceted events function.
- Track record of sales success
- Proven ability to motivate and supervise a team
- Extremely organised and manages time well
- Excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills
- Methodical and attentive to detail.
- Pro-active, able to work autonomously.
- Problem-solving and negotiation ability
- Good with IT and proficient with working with data.
- Outgoing and friendly with excellent interpersonal skills
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.