JUNIOR SOUS CHEF
Simple recruitment services is recruiting for one of its clients in the Reading area for a Junior Sous Chef:
Overview of the role
Due to progression and growth within the team they are looking for a passionate, career driven Sous Chef de Partie to join their existing Brigade.
Ideally this role would suit a Senior Chef de Partie with a experience in fine dinning, Rosette within a similar establishment looking to take the next step in their Catering Career or hold a similar role looking to establish career progression.
Within this role the Junior sous chef will be catering for (Buffet and Plated), Lunches ( Fine dining, Table dote and A La Carte) and Evening Service in the 2 dining rooms and many meeting rooms and will have the opportunity to rotate on each section of the Kitchen.
The contracted hours for this role are on a 4 week rota working 5 days out of 7, predominantly the shift pattern is straight shifts but there are some requirements for Split Shifts according to the nature of the business.
There is immense potential for career progression within this operation alongside excellent training, coaching and development opportunities for the successful applicant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the quality and presentation of all outlet food products meet company and brand standards.
- Work closely with other departments in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Buys locally available fresh products wherever possible to ensure we remain local at heart.
- Create limited menus which are changed frequently to ensure the guest is always offered a variety of food items, enabling the element of surprise and delight every time they return.
- Participate in planning menus and utilising food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, market conditions, and popularity of various dishes and frequency of menu.
- Reviews menus, analyses recipes, determines food, labour, overhead costs and assigns prices to menu items.
- Directs food apportionment policy to control costs.
- Introduces and tests the market with new products which are market-orientated in terms of price and product.
- Serves fresh food to the guests which, is consistent in quality, and which reflects the company and brand.
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen colleagues and co-ordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions of foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Devises special dishes and develops innovative recipes to delight guests whenever possible.
- Maximises colleague productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Salary up to £28,000 dependent on experience.
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive schemes
- Long service awards which increase with service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
If this is of interest to you apply below with you CV