Healthcare Assistant - Ormskirk
Talento Recruitment is one of the fastest growing recruitment consultancies in the UK. We are suppliers of permanent candidates into the Nursing, Health & Social Care sectors as well as HR sectors.
Our client is looking to recruit a Healthcare Assistant to work days in a stunning purpose built residential and dementia residential care home in Ormskirk.
As Healthcare Assistant you will:
- Assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the shift.
- Develop, review and update the residents personal care plan to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs.
- Promote high standards of care.
- Communicate professionally and warmly with visitors family members, and other health care professionals.
The successful candidate must have:
- NVQ 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- One year experience in long term care or assisted living or home health preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel)
Salary for this role is £18,720 which equates to £7.50 per hour based on 48 hour contract.
Please call Leanne Irving for more information about this role or apply online.