1 X RGN (Registered General Nurse) Southampton, Netley.
Crosby & Perrin Business Solutions are working with a national charity, but this role is based in Southampton, Netley. They provide respite care in a holiday setting for disabled people and carers for over 50 years offering inspirational opportunities for volunteers through one of the largest and most diverse volunteering programmes of any UK charity.
To provide accurate complex assessment and deliver high quality care for disabled people in a holiday/respite setting.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure and an ISA adult check.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. This will include unsociable hours such as evenings and weekends. The centre is also open for Christmas and New Year
Qualifications: Full Degree Honours in Nursing.
Salary: £15.00-£15.50 per hour (£31K approx. per year)
Summary of Main Duties:
Delivery of care:
- To deliver a high standard of professional nursing care, including the promotion of privacy, dignity and confidentiality at all times.
- To promote the Nursing and Midwifery Council requirements for registration and the NMC's Code of Conduct
- To encourage the communication between service users, carers and healthcare personnel.
- To carry out specific daily nursing care for guests as advised by their GP and in accordance with individual care plans
- To be responsible for liaison with the guests own GP or medical advisors and/or centre doctor in the event of any problems or queries that may arise and make written reports as necessary
- Responsible for storing and administering all drugs and medicines in accordance with Care Quality Commission standards and NMC guide lines and as advised by the guests GP or medical advisor.
- Keeping accurate and thorough records of all guests on a daily basis.
- Report all accidents and incidents relating to guests, volunteers and staff to the centre management team. Take appropriate action in each instance. Complete all relevant paperwork and if necessary inform relevant authorities.
- Advising and actively supporting other staff and volunteers in the general care of guests.
- Contact the next of kin in the event of any serious change in the condition of the guests and make reports as necessary. Inform the duty manager.
- Liaise closely with the Head of Care and other nurses. Supply all relevant details and information when "handing over" at the end of each shift.
- Report all complaints from guests to the duty manager immediately.
- Liaise with the chef in relation to special dietary requirements.
- Ordering and maintaining stock levels of drugs/medical equipment and ensuring that it is stored safely.
- Assist with daily routines within the centre.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required by the management team.
- To participate in training of other staff members, volunteers and students.
- Any other reasonable duties required by the management team in relation to the overall welfare of the guests and service.
- When on night duty, assist care staff and volunteers in helping guests to bed. Carry out regular night checks on guests as per the care plan, to ensure they are comfortable and safe. Carry out routine duties as directed by the Head of Care or Senior Nurse on duty.
- To carry out pre assessment calls and identify all care requirements
- To ensure the safe checking on of guest care needs and fully complete all relevant paperwork
- To be aware of the implications of relevant mandatory and statutory regulation, for example, safeguarding of vulnerable adults, child protection, deprivation of liberties, and mental capacity.
- To assess and manage tissue viability
- To respond appropriately to requirements and recommendations of CQC
- To carry out the Clinical Audit
- Shift leader duties as required by the management team
- Supervision and appraisal, Induction of staff as directed by Head of Care
- Implementation and management of Quality Assurance programme
- Commitment to high level of Customer Service
- To manage the delivery of and management of risk assessments
- Responsibility for care planning and evaluation of all guests
- Support to the Centre Manager in meeting the occupancy targets for the centre
- Budget management for income and expenditure