Financial Reporting Accountant
Excellent opportunity to join an innovative business in a newly created role working from their UK Head Office in Manchester. They are a progressive and forward thinking organisation that likes to encourage employees to introduce new ideas and ways of improving things.
Supporting the Head of Financial Reporting with the preparation of monthly financial reports and forecasts along with capital stress tests. You will also assist with the production of reports for the relevant regulatory bodies and statutory accounts for the external auditors. Other duties will include;
- To assist in the production of appropriate and accurate information and records for the Executive Board and Management on a timely basis.
- To assist in the preparation of the Annual accounts in liaison with the auditors, including the detailed compilation of primary statements, notes, tax computations, Summary Financial Statement and Annual Business Statement.
- To assist in the production of timely and accurate regulatory, statutory and fiscal returns, including liaising with appropriate authorities eg HMRC
- To conduct financial analysis across the whole business, developing new reports from scratch, KPI Analysis across products and divisions
- To review the ledger postings and reconciliations performed each month end by the finance supervisor, including to reconcile the fixed asset register to the nominal ledger and post the month end depreciation journal
- To implement and review procedures and controls and ensure that procedural documentation is maintained.
- To assist in the Management of and control of the liquidity, including liquidity stress testing
- To assist in the Management of and control of the capital including capital stress testing.
- To assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and budgets.
- To maintain a level of personal technical knowledge and competence which is appropriate to the position held, including the implications of regulatory and statutory developments
- To carry out any other duties as requested by the Chief Executive, Finance Director or senior management that are appropriate to the position held.
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA Accountant that is looking for a broad role with scope to put your own stamp on things. Candidates with an analytical background and inquisitive mind would be of particular interest. The business is looking to grow and therefore would look to develop your career and increase your responsibilities in time. The business offers and annual bonus scheme, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and an excellent pension scheme.
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin ASAP. Sellick Partnership is a leading independent finance recruiter and proud to be listed in the London Stock Exchanges 1000 companies to inspire Britain.