A busy regional contractor, based in Lancashire, is looking to appoint a Site Manager to work on new build and refurbishment contracts across the commercial, education, healthcare and retail sectors.
The projects you will be involved will remain varied and interesting and you will be joining an organisation with a busy pipeline of work
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, your duties will include;
- Achieve production targets and carry out programming and monitoring to ensure that deadlines are met
- Read and understand specifications, drawings, preliminaries, preambles and contract documentation
- Produce H&S and O&M on completion of projects
- Requisition and management of materials/delivery
- Issue subcontractors with regular short term programmes to ensure planned progress is achieved
- Hold progress meetings
- Display on site an up to date copy of the construction programme indicating the progress to date
- Give full consideration to the tender allowances when establishing the site compound
- Liaise with the design team, clients, subcontractors and suppliers to and maintain good working relationships
- Attend monthly cost meetings and agree contribution forecast
- Ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety aspects
- Obtain risk assessments and method statements from contractors prior to work commencement
- Safe storage and co-ordination of materials
- Preparation / assistance with the site progress reports
The successful Site Manager will ideally have at least 5 years' experience in a similar role and be looking to commit to a company for the long term. You will need to demonstrate a stable and progressive career history.
You must hold a valid SMSTS, CSCS and First Aid as well as being IT Literate and some confidence in Microsoft packages. Scaffold Appreciation would also be an advantage.
Good commercial awareness is essential, along with excellent man management skills and strong health and safety knowledge.
In return for your skills, you will be offered a basic salary of £40k (negotiable based on experience) plus car allowance and package.
If you are interested in the above position please call Rob Boardman at Bromak or click 'Apply Now'.