Orka Financial is working with a business based in Reading that is looking to recruit a Financial Accountant to join the team. Reporting into the Financial Controller this role has responsibility for developing and analysing financial reports and providing commentary regarding this. The role also has responsibility for consolidating a number of the subsidiary accounts.
- Prepare monthly business unit reports for the UK Company
- Consolidate reports of overseas subsidiaries of UK Company and global subsidiaries monthly
- Prepare the annual budget for UK Company by business unit
- Consolidate budgets of subsidiaries
- Review monthly reports and variance analysis
- Review cash flows of group companies
- Review bank facilities and facility utilisation of group companies on a monthly basis. Check compliance with bank covenants.
- Compliance reviews for group companies to ensure statutory and group obligations have been complied with.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
The role requires someone who has strong accounts preparation skills, consolidation of multi-currency subsidiaries, Knowledge of budget preparation and consolidation, including profit & loss, balance sheets and cash flows and experience in preparing and analysing business information reports. You will have strong communication skills which include participating in an environment which encourages teamwork and collaboration; and obtaining information from colleagues in order to meet reporting deadlines. You will be highly numerate with strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail and a hands-on, flexible approach. You may be a qualified accountant or qualified by experience. The role is paying up to £45000 dependent upon experience + benefits and there is parking.