Head of Customer Insight and Analysis
We are recruiting for a sports media business who are looking for a strong Business and Data Analytics individual who could be a Head of Customer Insight and Analysis. This could be a qualified accountant ACA/CIMA with strong academics who can manage a team that can mine data, think of situations how to test the data, then experiment with the data and work out what they need to do to work with marketing on implementing a certain response to the consumer. This is not a marketing analysis role, nor is it a BI role or pure data analysis role or FP&A, it sits in between everything. Its an interesting proposition. It could also be someone who has come up more of a data analytics route but has had some commercial exposure.
Based in Central London and paying £80,000-85,000 + up to 40% Bonus for the right individual.
The role will certainly develop and change as the company grows, but example critical "deliverables" are:
- Lead an insight community with operational managers and data analysts from across the business to prioritise analysis, agree actions / change (e.g. product changes) and measure effectiveness of those actions
- Prepare written analysis and present findings to senior managers on a regular basis, making effective use of data visualisation to "tell the story".
- Generate regular cohort analysis to drive actionable insights across the product, marketing, content and operations to help define business objectives and support those objectives (for example, define desired level of engagement and then support actions to increase engagement)
- Delivering an understanding of who our customers are and how they are using the service. This will include customer funnel effectiveness, channel analysis and targeting effectiveness
- Perform data mining, blending large datasets to support analysis and drive further insights
- Analysis of the profitability of our sports rights; based on rights cost, subscriber content consumption and marketing effort in generating these subscribers
- Work with the marketing team to understand online / offline marketing programs and incorporate this in cross functional analysis
- Work with the Senior Data Analyst and other departments to ensure we develop in-house data tool and have the correct third party tools to effectively exploit learnings and insights
- Design, generate and manage reporting frameworks / dashboards for the business to manage performance on a weekly basis