Global Business Based In Manchester
Product Manager - Product Lifecycle Management
£65,000 - £80,000 + Package
Perpetual Engineering is currently working in partnership with a hugely successful design and builder of bespoke automated systems for the Food and Pharmaceutical industries. The company are part of an ambitious international organisation who are investing significantly to help grow the business both organically and through acquisition. They are looking to support this growth my recruiting a technically minded Product Manager to help support existing key customers and to drive product life cycle planning stratergies.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for managing from concept, to design, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, production, promotion, support, and finally product end of life.
Your role will be to guide a team to develop sustainable revenue, profit and market share. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing systems in existing markets to developing new systems, potentially in new markets.
Reporting directly to the Director of Product Management, it is expected that this person will make themselves an expert in the market for automated systems and so take the lead in developing customer relationships and company products hand in hand. A great strength of the company is their ability to address a wide range of customer needs with the bespoke solutions they offer; it is expected that this person will work closely with other Product Managers to develop an integrated offering.
Most of the company's sales are to existing customers, so product lifecycle management is critical to sustainable growth. This person will work closely with the service team to ensure that customers have appropriate options and a roadmap for their current systems that gives confidence in further investments. This can extend from upgrade packages to end of life planning.
- To manage from concept, to design, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, promotion, support, and finally product end of life.
- Delivers the operating plan: achievement of growth objectives including market share, revenue, profit and return on investment for all the channels/categories of business and/or key customers.
- Responsible for managing and implementing marketing activities through research, strategic planning and implementation.
- Ensuring that you are the expert in the automated systems market including customer needs and competitor solutions.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Engineering and Marketing) through market requirements, product requirements and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analysing potential partner relationships for the product, both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will possess a blend of business and technical savvy. You will be the type of person that can see the "bigger picture" with the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market, both with customers and customer-facing people, to understand the customers' problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- 3+ years of product management experience OR 5+ years of Engineering and Project Management with a strong desire to gain wider business experience.
- An Engineering degree with an interest across the range of Mechanical, Electrical, Control, Systems, Software and Informatics (other related degrees such as Computer Science or Physics can be considered if a strong engineering background can be demonstrated).
- An enquiring mind with a strong mathematical capability and an interest and ability to understand our customer's science
- Excellent communication skills in a range of formats, both written and verbal, from informal discussions to formal sales presentations.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken, a second language would be a benefit but is not necessary
- Flexible to travel up to 25% of the time predominantly in Europe & North America
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity, please apply or send your C.V or call Sarah Farrugia to discuss.
Perpetual Engineering is a UK based Recruitment Company providing the highest quality of service. Allied with Cygnet Group, a leading group of diversified engineering companies helps Perpetual Engineering combine their extensive recruitment experience with engineering knowledge.
Do you know someone who would suit this position?? We pay up to £250 in vouchers if we place anyone you refer