Key Account Director
SF Group are currently looking for a Key Account Director for my Fintech client based in Birmingham.
This permanent candidate is responsible for engaging, selling and negotiating with our client's high value suppliers.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Building strong relationships with senior executives and procurement stakeholders within the businesses clients
- Quickly understanding clients' key supplier relationships and leveraging client support to engage high value suppliers
- Analyse client spend data and develop strategies and approaches
- Articulating and selling the businesses value proposition to high value suppliers
- Negotiating commercial terms
- Developing strategies for engaging the clients' wider supply base and co-ordinating the businesses marketing, campaign management and telesales resources to deliver the agreed strategy
- Working within the businesses wider account team to deliver the programme aims and enhance the business reputation within the client by maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and educating staff as to the value of the programme to the client and its suppliers
- Delivering and maintaining the value of signed suppliers, including budgeting and forecasting as appropriate
- Supporting the wider development of the proposition and the Supplier Relations team through contributing to wider sector strategies, new product development and intellectual property
The ideal person will be/have:
- Driven, ambitious and self-starting
- Commercially astute
- Demonstrable influencing skills that have resulted in a track record of success in either selling or negotiating.
- Broad understanding of procurement issues including sourcing and contracts, purchase to pay practices, supplier relationship & category management
- An engaging personality and ability to build effective relationships at senior levels
- A natural deal-maker and expert negotiator with the ability to clearly understand a client's relationship with its largest suppliers and generate 'win/win' outcomes
- Confidence in managing client expectations and influencing decision makers
- Self-managing but also able to work well as part of a team
- Resilient and with the drive and determination to deliver challenging targets
- Experience with public/utilities procurement practices or a demonstrable ability to learn quickly
- Polished communication and presentation skills with a high level of attention to detail
This position will pay an annual salary of between £55,000 and £70,000 plus a car allowance and an strong benefits package. If you are interested in this role please contact me ASAP.