GERMAN/DUTCH SPEAKING ACCOUNT MANAGER
GERMAN/DUTCH SPEAKING ACCOUNT MANAGER
They are a London-based, family oriented dynamic creative communications agency of over 90+ people, founded in the late 90’s, with a strong retail focus. Due to the international footprint of their clients, they are a melting pot of nationalities, languages and cultures. They place planning and insight at the core of everything they do and care about. They work across all communications touch points and channels.
They are and will continue to be defined by the people and faces that make up their agency, with its entrepreneurial spirit and international outlook. Many of them have been with the Agency for a considerable amount of time and some have even been away, only to return again. Perhaps it’s the fast pace, challenging and dynamic nature of their clients businesses that keeps people coming back for more. It could be it’s the chance to make a real difference to people’s lives. Or maybe it’s their agency and how they do things. Whatever it is, they are determined to keep building on this success.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As account manager you will be part of our account handler team looking after one of the agency’s key clients. In particular you will be the main client contact for the Northern European region (Germany, Austria Netherlands), working with an Account Executive. You will have significant involvement in maintaining and reinforcing client relations and ensuring that all internal teams work together to deliver the objectives of a project/ campaigns agreed with client.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
Account Team Work
- Projects supervision - ensuring that deliverables meet client expectations and the demands of the project strategy
- Participating in/leading brainstorming - encouraging others to think creatively and strategically
- Project financial tracking and analysis
- Working directly with our internal creative department, briefing and working alongside them to delivery work of a highly creative nature.
- Campaign adaptation and implementation
- Client invoicing as appropriate
- Primary responsibility for client ( Property Client)- agency contact where relevant and maintaining and growing accounts
- Project/ campaigns core administration to keep client up to date with activities- including contact and status report production, meeting agendas etc.
- Excellent command of German language
- Dutch language skills an absolute plus
- Some agency experience preferred
Being a pivotal figure in the agency like ours, and managing one of the most profitable accounts, leading one key team, the following skills are not just nice to have but an absolute must:
- Team player: a person in such a role has to be able to drive, inspire, support their team. It is key to establish good relationships within the agency, being open to explain and sell what the dept. does.
- Great problem solver: the person in the role has to be ready to face a number of issues due to the nature of the client and amount of work, has to be proactive, and happy to go the extra mile to exceed internal and external expectations. The person in the role needs to spot problems before they arise and be ready to offer (and look for ) alternative solutions not only to the team, but to clients and third agencies.
- Hard worker: in our agency, despite roles and hierarchy, nobody is too senior for an executive job if needed. There is no barrier among teams, there is no responsibility that a manager cannot take over if it is needed or requested to hit an objective, or to help a colleague in difficulty
- Reliability: the whole team works very hard producing the most amazing job. A manager working within this team has to be there for the team, either physically or remotely. When this is not possible each single member of the team has to clearly know what to do and who to refer to. Trust and respect are at the basis of our team.