Aerospace - Sales / BDM / Commercial Manager
Bonfire Recruitment have an Aerospace Business Development Management opportunity for its retained client, an established and growing high performance Aerospace engineered component manufacturer in the North West of England near Manchester, UK.
Our client, a highly regarded tier 1, tier 2 and OEM supplier into the global aerospace industry has a unique multi-sector offering of integrated manufacturing solutions through their interconnected specialist divisions throughout the UK.
As part of an ongoing and exciting commercial development strategy to realise the organisations growth ambitions a new post of Business Development Manager has been created for its growing Aerospace division within the UK.
Reporting to the board the purpose of this senior sales leader is to direct and lead by example the increase in sales and turnover across multiple new accounts within the subcontracting machine shop sector into the UK Aerospace industry.
You will be the focal point for growth of the Aerospace Division within this distinguished organisation.
- Identify and develop major accounts and grow new business opportunities with premier buyers and senior management within aerospace customers
- Pro-actively drive forward sales and gross margin by managing all aspects of the customer relationship.
- Develop business plan and market growth plan for division that is aligned to organisational strategy
- Identify and develop relationships to grow opportunities and new business with prospective and existing customers.
- Successfully negotiate contracts with customers utilising strong commercial acumen to maximise the success of the business.
To be considered for this role, we are looking to identify candidates who meet at least 4 of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of 5 years Business Development Management / Sales Management / "Pro-active" Account Management experience.
- Have worked for a supplier into the UK Aerospace industry (components)
- Degree qualified in a Technical, Engineering, Metallurgical, Chemical discipline
- Be sales growth driven, focussed on creating business opportunities and maximising growth results.
- Have demonstrable experience of seeking major clients and forming long term working relationships with premier buyers in the UK Aerospace markets
- Are a hands-on top-performing dynamic sales leader with a credible reputation in your market place for building long term relationships.
- Have a proven track record of tendering and winning large contracts.
- Can demonstrate effective commercial sales and new business development skills with a strong track record of managing relationships to board level
- Have an understanding of advanced CNC technologies, Identifying the opportunity for turning and milling precision components from a comprehensive range of aerospace materials to diameters of between 1mm and 250mm, within the most exacting tolerances
Our client is keen to attract top ambitious talent and will offer a competitive rewards package that will be reflective of the candidate’s experience.
Should you have this background and are interested in learning more please apply via the weblink attaching your most recent CV.
Scott Buchanan - Recruiting Partner