Trainer / Assessor
For 30 years SW Global Resourcing (SWGR) Have operated internationally, offering a range of people services to the rail, engineering, construction and energy sectors. Due to continued diversification, we also operate a number of bespoke divisions which complement our core offering and deliver services under the SWGR brand.
Originally founded in 1985 as Scotweld Employment Services Limited, SWGR operates from several service centres throughout the UK and worldwide and is managed from our purpose built headquarters in Glasgow.
The organisation was founded to supply manpower services to the oil and gas sector, later diversifying its core offering to the rapidly growing rail market in the mid 1990’s.
Over the past 30 years, the organisation has diversified its offering to accommodate a number of professional people services, from labour provision, through to training, occupational health, specialist services and minor works.
Today the organisation has a vast, international client base with high levels of customer retention and a focus on quality of delivery in all areas.
Trainer / Assessor role brief:
The ideal candidate would be NSAR registered and approved to deliver training, mentoring support and workplace assessments in a diligent and proficient manner in line with all relevant Scot-Train and RTAS procedures, training plans and specifications.
Support the professional personal development of your fellow trainers and assessors to ensure that all training, mentoring and assessments events are always delivered to the highest of professional standards and protocols required of an NSAR registered Outstanding Training Provider.
Responsible to feed back to clients the standard of candidates forwarded for training which will not only ensure that any corrective actions are undertaken but also guarantees that our training services to our clients are of the highest standard and will retain existing business and attract new revenue streams.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Manage the delivery of a robust and engaging commercial training that supports the needs of the client
- Identity and with guidance lead on projects to enhancement and develop all training resources
- Ensure all courses meet NSAR / RTAS / NR standards taking ownership and implementation of QIP / SAR / RISQS / NSAR / Training procedures / Audits
- To create intuitive management systems to support business requirements
- Quality improvement and business development of railway delivery
- Take lead on business development project, increasing links with employers and industry partners to generate commercial income streams
- Through CPD keep abreast of rail academy / industry changes ensuring this is reflected within all training that is undertaken
- Participate in all departmental meetings undertaking a full range of associated administration, quality, preparation and assessment duties
- To effectively manage the development of a series of courses ensuring high levels of learner satisfaction, retention and achievement
- Willing to deliver training across a range of facilities in-line with clients needs
- Deputise for General Manager as and when required
- Assist the General Manager in identifying training needs within SWGR and external clients and to deliver training programmes on time and within budget to satisfy those needs.
- Ensure all relevant training and registration paper work, documentation and processes are maintained in compliance with all internal and external auditing requirements.
- Assist the Training Manager on managing the training diary and training plan and continually review client feedback to develop and improve all training courses to satisfy company and client requirements.
- Contribute to the on-going improvement of company training facilities and equipment by inspecting them on a regular basis and reviewing client feedback to make recommendations.
- Proactive business development to promote the company capabilities with regular email and telephone contact to not only retain but to also develop not only existing Clients/contracts but also potential new client contacts to generate new business/revenue streams.
- Promote "Trainer of Choice" by managing the expectations of the clients through regular communication and account liaison to develop an understanding of their needs to identify and thereby ensuring that the training we can offer matches the requirements of the Client.
- Workplace assessments in accordance with the Company’s and RTAS Rules and submit in a timely manner written report (feedback document) to client and Training Manager on assessment processes and outcomes
- Attend regular meetings with the Training Manager to give assessment feedback and updates and to liaise with fellow Trainers /Assessors to effectively plan and manage the assessment diary.
- Maintain and update CPD logbook in accordance with RTAS audit protocol and keep up to date on all relevant Network Rail Rule Book changes and amendments.
- Support, train and mentor company trainers and assessors for maintaining and/or updating of individual competency levels in line with the Training Managers or personal development requirements.
- Deputise for the Training Manager as and when requested to do so.
Knowledge, Experience and Education Requirements
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- First Aid Qualified
- Fire Safety qualification
- NSAR Registered with Assessor / Verifier qualification
- Experienced Small Plant operations i.e. Hand tools, Ironman, Cobra TT & Tampers etc.
- Qualified in or working towards Level 4 Diploma in Learning & Development
- Construction experience would be desirable - with CSCS knowledge