Deputy Head of Science
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Deputy Head of Science to join a school in Hounslow, West London. This full time position is available for a September 2017 start and will include a generous permanent offer for the right candidate.
About the Role
- Deputy Head of Science
- Teach science across year groups
- Co-leading the science department along with the HOD to drive the department forward
- Extracurricular responsibilities available
- Take part in departmental meetings
- Marking/planning involved
- Salary grade - MPS depending on candidates experience
- Dedicated team of technicians to help support both practical and written lessons
- Salary up to £50,000
About the School
- Secondary school with historic links to the community
- New building in progress with student expansion in mind that should be completed in the next year
- Science offered at KS3,KS4 and KS5
- Located in a popular part of West London, with rail and road transport links
- Located a short walk from an overground train station - zone 3
- Within walking distance of several parks
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Have proven experience teaching the UK curriculum (essential)
- Strong behaviour management (preferred)
- Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to quoting Job Reference number RXNA9922.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.