Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller to join their team based either at their Glossop (Derbyshire) or Pembridge (Herefordshire) site. You will be on a full time permanent basis and be paid a competitive salary of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Our client is a market leading manufacturer of premium and high performance rigid insulation products and insulated systems for building fabric and building services applications. Manufacturing excellence, first class customer service and unrivalled expertise in meeting the needs of the market are just some of the many strengths that they offer.
They are now looking to recruit a Financial Controller reporting to the Finance Director for Britain and Ireland.
You will be based either at their Glossop (Derbyshire) or Pembridge (Herefordshire) site. However you will travel to and work at the other location 2 to 3 days a week, and will work month end at Pembridge.
Responsibilities of their Financial Controller
The postholder will be responsible for the activities of the finance function together with safeguarding the assets of their company. Duties for this role include collation, preparation and presentation of weekly, monthly and annual reports, internal audit and control ensuring compliance with their accounting manual, cost reduction and profit improvement analysis and review, banking and payment runs, strategic and budgeting processes and debtor management.
Skills needed to become their Financial Controller
- Accounting qualification such as AAT, CIMA or an equivalent qualification
- Demonstrable experience of working within a Finance or Audit department
- Previous experience of working for a manufacturing organisation would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of management reporting including preparation of management accounts is essential
- Experience of using Microsoft Office specifically Excel to advanced level
- Experience of preparing statutory government returns and trade statistics
- Project management skills and people management experience would be an advantage
Our client are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual, with excellent communication skills, and a good team player with an out-going, adaptable personality. A full UK driving license is essential for this role, as is the flexibility to travel and work away from home on a regular basis.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Financial Controller then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!