Travel Operations Executive
Travel Operations Executive
To £25,000 + Bonus + Benefits
A flexible and experienced travel professional is required for a leading Manchester based travel company to provide flexible operational support. This role will evolve over time into a fully 24/7 support that will be available 365 days a year, but initially the hours/shifts will be varied so you will be flexible (hours to be discussed at interview). Providing exceptional customer service is the main focus and supporting customers with any in resort issues or emergency situations.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Dealing with queries and communicating effectively via email, telephone and Live chat.
- Problem solving - Dealing with system & human errors quickly and efficiently.
- Pro-actively chasing information from direct contracts and suppliers whilst building and maintaining effective relationships. This will also include chasing confirmation of on request bookings.
- Assist with any in resort issues.
- Understanding fare rules to allow the processing of voluntary changes to scheduled flights including IT, Consolidated and published tickets.
- Managing involuntary flight schedule changes and then assisting with amending or cancelling any affected ground components
- Issue new flight tickets outside of normal office hours.
- Working to a rotating shift pattern, which will eventually include providing 24/7 support on a rota basis.
- Obtaining rates and checking availability
- Providing quotes for amendments and cancellations to both in house package bookings and individually quoted ground components e.g. Hotels transfers, car hire etc. and then process accordingly.
- Investigation of any XML queries
- Other reasonable duties as directed by the Operations Manager
- Supporting other departments namely Aftersales.
Summary of Essential Attributes and Qualifications
- Experience of working in travel
- Able to work unusual hours/out of hours support (24/7 on a rotating shift pattern) including night shifts
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- GDS experience (Galileo preferable) - to obtain best possible flight options/fares. GDS trained.
- Understanding of fare rules to allow the processing of voluntary changes to scheduled flights including IT, consolidated and published tickets
- Ability to issue flight tickets.
- High Standard of accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Problem solving
- The successful candidate will be organised, a good listener, a clear communicator and a relationship builder that shares our passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- They should enjoy working as part of a team, but be able to organise their own workload and be pro-active.
- Experience of Ticket re-issues and fare building (desirable)