Corporate Tax Director
Are you looking to work for a dedicated Boutique Tax Advisory Firm as a Tax Director? Our client, based in Bury St Edmunds, can guarantee route to Partner in the Mid-Term
The purpose of the role will be to work closely with Partners, Directors and other Managers to deliver tax advisory services to large corporate clients with a consistently high quality of service whilst continuing to build your own knowledge and expertise
Duties will include:
- Project managing the delivery of tax advisory services to clients on large scale projects including:
- Day-to-day lead of the Project team for tax advice on engagements;
- Provisions and co-ordination of technical advice;
- Ensuring delivery of high quality written tax advice in a timely manner;
- Managing client relationships directly with key client stakeholders, regular attendance at Project meetings and representing clients as their advisors to other parties on Projects.
- Review and preparation of advanced clearances to HMRC;
- Identifying practical tax issues and provision of mitigation strategies.
- Leading and co-ordinating teams on tax due diligence assignments across different tax service lines, as well as different offices (both national and international).
- Oversight and management of a part of the growing portfolio of corporate tax compliance clients providing of a high-quality service, including Involvement in written negotiations on HMRC enquiries.
- Dealing with ad hoc client advisory and planning issues as they arise on the compliance client portfolio.
- Working with Project/Corporate Finance team to deliver tax assurance in relation to Financial Models.
- Maintaining an up to date technical knowledge of corporation and business tax, financial reporting requirements and related matters.
- CTA qualified
- Substantial post-qualified experience
- Experience of working on cross border projects (desirable)
- Relevant Corporation Tax experience (not necessarily Infrastructure specific)
- Good working knowledge of business income taxes
- Good foundation in accounting and statutory reporting
- Strong team player who will also act as a positive role model to the rest of the team
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Highly organised with a proven track record of project management
- Familiar and adept with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent numeracy and written skills
- Adaptable, organised with a particularly commercial and creative approach
- Able to exercise judgement and work without close supervision
- Able to proactively manage existing client relationships and to develop new relationships
- Able to demonstrate and show an appreciation of risk management issues
- Able to contribute to business proposals and to pursue new opportunities with Partners/Directors
- Flexible; 'pitching in’ to support clients/team, some travelling required and working outside of normal office hours when necessary.
The firm is offering an excellent, flexible, remuneration package, making this a fantastic opportunity
If you are interested in the Corporate Tax Manager position, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers