Alecto Recruitment is proud to be recruiting on behalf of an excellent Multi-Utility Company based in Northampton.
My client are looking for a candidate that will be required to manage the process of tendering for new electricity and gas connections from enquiry through to design. The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential, as is the capacity to mentor and provide technical assistance to trainee tendering engineers. The post is predominately office-based but there is a requirement to attend client sites for meetings. Accuracy and attention to detail is essential, together with good IT skills. The ability to work in CAD 2D would be an advantage.
- Estimate project cost options to advise customers and provide viable, cost-effective solutions
- Maintain customer and supplier continuity throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Work with customers to comply with agreed specifications
- Take responsibility for non-contestable quotes and point of connections to existing networks
- Report regularly to the Senior Tendering Engineer on existing projects
- Attend client meetings where required to provide technical support
- Train and mentor trainee tendering engineers
- Work flexibly and collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Work in accordance with NERS/GIRS Lloyd's accredited procedures
- Ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety, quality and environment procedures
- Procure plant and materials only from suppliers on the NERS/GIRS approved supplier list and assist the procurement department in assessing this
- Proven two years' experience in a similar field with an ICP/DNO/IDNO
- Level 3/4 ONC/HNC Electrical Engineering/Power Engineering (or equivalent)
- Commercial awareness
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- IT literate
- The ability to develop and maintain key customer relationships
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics, grades A-C
- A-level passes in Mathematics, English and/or Science
- C&G 2339-45 L3 Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of the IEE Regulations and DNO Engineering Codes of Practice
- Knowledge of the IGEM Practices
- Experience of working in AutoCAD 2D
- Electrical/gas knowledge
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
Benefits 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
Enhanced pension scheme
Health care plan
Paid professional subscriptions relevant to the role
Excellent opportunities to develop a career within a growing company
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 /year
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Chas Earl, Alecto Recruitment Ltd. .
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted