£26,000 - £28,000 per annum
My client is looking for an experienced Payroll Assistant to join their team based in Staines on a permanent basis.
You will be required to provide a seamless payroll administration service to all clients, ensuring all clients payrolls are processed, reports prepare and clients communicated with in line with the client's timetable. This includes weekly, monthly and annual payments, dealing with banking as required and other internal risk procedures. All with genuine care and attention, providing a 'consistently excellent experience' to the clients.
Your duties will include:
* Completes all payroll administration activities within the agreed service level agreements (Letters of engagement with clients) in-line with client deadlines agreed.
* Develops and maintains high quality payroll processes which provide clients with a positive experience throughout the service
* Maintains full, accurate and up to date payroll records on the systems
* Updates and monitors requests to enable the payroll team to track queries through to completion
* Assists in the provision of value adding management information through the integrity of the data recorded in the system
* Takes responsibility for follow up actions and on-going cases, ensuring processes are completed
* Seeks out help as required to make appropriate decisions and uses judgement on work prioritisation ensuring expectations on service delivery can be met, with support from the payroll administrators
* Identifies process issues and opportunities for continuous improvement
* Adheres to the firm's risk management policies ensuring all payroll inputs are checked and reconciled
* Completes end of year end tasks in accordance with Inland Revenue & statutory requirements (P60 & P14)
* Ensures that all requirements are met with regard to PAYE, NIC and other statutory payments and reports
* Ensures compliance with the Data Protection Act and maintains confidentiality of employee information and the firm's data
* Works on ad hoc projects and tasks when requested to meet the demands of the business
* Maintains full, accurate and up to date timesheets of time spent on individual clients to enable appropriate billing is made by client manager
* Develops and maintains strong relationships within the business and payroll team
* Have previous payroll experience and understand different types of payroll
* Be confident speaking to a wide range of clients on a daily basis
* Ideally have knowledge of pensions, childcare vouchers and benefits packages
* Be a strong team player and be comfortable working in a busy environment
The benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Guaranteed contracted hours
- Smart uniforms
- Paid holiday - up to 28 including Bank Holidays
- Medicash plan
- Discounts on a range of local and national retailers all come as standard.
- Attendance bonus
To apply for this position please click 'apply now'