Senior Geotechnical / Geo-Environmental Engineer
Job Title: Senior Geotechnical / Geo-Environmental Engineer
Salary: £32K - £38K
Are you someone who is looking to take that next step in their career to Senior Engineer, or perhaps you are already operating at Senior Engineer level but just looking for a greater challenge...?
We currently have a fantastic opportunity and are seeking a Senior Geotechnical/Geo-environmental Engineer with experience in the planning, undertaking and writing of Ground Investigations. The successful candidate will look after a small team of engineers in our Manchester office, and will also involve the day to day supervision of the engineers work, reviewing reports and some investigation design/quoting. The successful candidate will have fieldwork experience, excellent report writing skills, ideally for both geotechnical and geo-environmental purposes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Undertake desk study and site reconnaissance visits.
2. Write desk study reports based on the findings, including factual aspects, advising on geotechnical constraints, potential risk from contamination due to previous or adjoining land use and recommending the invasive investigation work phase.
3. Supervise the Site Investigation process directing fieldwork, record trial hole and borehole logs, undertake insitu testing, organise and retain soil samples for future analysis.
4. Scheduling of samples for appropriate physical, classification and chemical testing.
5. Undertake and prepare geotechnical calculations parameters to allow the design of the structure to proceed.
6. Undertake contamination risk assessments to identify risks to receptors.
7. Prepare Ground Investigation Reports on the above including all written sections, calculations fieldwork records and analysis.
8. Undertake site visits in respect of soil validation sampling, Ground water sampling, Gas monitoring, with associated analysis of laboratory testing results and reporting.
9. Liaison with clients, design team professionals, approval bodies and individuals on project matters
10. Assist in all areas of project and general office administration as required including (but not exclusively), general enquiries, report production, resource planning, programming, ordering, and similar matters.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.