TB378 Senior Planner - HS2
Our client is a major civil engineering contractor with a track record of successful project delivery across the UK and also internationally. They are a well-respected, profitable business, with very strong forward order books and ambitious plans for the future.
This new role has been created on as a result of increasing activity levels on a major £100m+ civils package which they are delivering for HS2. The works comprise a broad programme of enabling, earthworks and minor structures projects. Your role as Senior Planner will be to take charge of all programming activity for one of the packages, ensuring up-to-date and accurate schedules are created from scratch using Primavera P6, with cost and resource loading. You will also report on Earned Value (EVA/EVM). This is an excellent opportunity to join a flagship infrastructure project offering career security and long-term development.
To be considered for the role, you must:
- have a strong track record working as a Planning Engineer / Project Planner with a major civil engineering contractor
- be able to demonstrate experience of working in the UK civils market, ideally for rail or related projects
- possess a high degree of competency in Primavera P6
- be able to understand civils projects from the ground up and be comfortable developing plans from scratch
- possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with and elicit information from people at all levels
The basic salary will be in the range of £55,000 to £65,000, negotiable according to experience. There is also a company car provided as part of the package, plus a comprehensive corporate benefits package.
If you are interested in the role then please apply now in strict confidence, or call Thomas Brown for a discrete conversation.
(Please note, we can only respond to applicants who are eligible to live and work in the UK.)