Senior Treasury Accountant
Travelopia is the name given to the specialist travel business of TUI Group. Travelopia is being sold as a separate entity in Q1 of 2017.
The business is estimated to turn-over €1bn and will be headquartered in Crawley, West Sussex. The Group’s operations are global, with a focus on the UK & Ireland, Scandinavia, Europe and North America.
What you will be doing
The Treasury Accountant will work within a small and newly established treasury team to provide accounting and systems support to the Head of Treasury.
Whilst basic functionality has been implemented, the function requires significant development in an evolving organisation to provide the support necessary for the business. The Treasury Accountant will be a key part of the development and be heavily involved in improving accounting and other functionality to the level required in a rapidly changing environment.
- To manage the recording and reporting of all transactions generated by treasury
- Providing technical treasury accounting support to the Head of Treasury and the Group Finance function
- Developing the TMS and other Treasury systems to provide the necessary journal entries and other reporting required by the business
- To prepare the necessary quarter and year end accounting notes with respect to Treasury and related activities including hedging, debt, cash flow and cash balances and to prepare the statutory accounts of the treasury legal entity
- To provide ad-hoc support to business units or Group Finance with respect to treasury activities as required
Control and Compliance
- To manage the control framework within treasury and provide middle and back office support where appropriate
- To support the Head of Treasury with policy compliance and reporting
- To support the Head of Treasury with funding facility compliance including management of the compliance diary and associated reporting and tracking
- To manage and provide administrator and super-user support for all Treasury systems, including the TMS, dealing and matching, cash flow forecasting and related systems
- To assist the Head of Treasury in developing and improving the functionality, automation, connectivity and reporting capability of existing and potentially new systems within the treasury functions
- To provide support to the Head of Treasury and Treasury Analyst as back up for key operating tasks as appropriate within the restrictions of compliance and segregation of duties issues
- To work with Group Finance and business unit finance staff to deliver necessary reporting, inputs and minimise duplication of data or other means of reducing workload
- To work with internal and external auditors and treasury committee members to ensure compliance with policies and facility requirements
What we are looking for
- Qualified Accountant with at least 5 year PQE. AMCT or equivalent is highly desirable
- Ability to work in small teams and deputise for the Head of Treasury when required
- Detailed knowledge and experience of FX, cash management and external funding facilities is required
- Experience in building and developing relationships with senior executive management as well as business unit finance staff is required
- Experienced in using risk management techniques relating to FX and Interest rate exposures (experience of commodity risk management would be advantageous)
- Strong experience with TMS and related systems is required. Experience with Integrity TMS is a bonus
- Experience in treasury related accounting standards and reporting requirements is required
Working within TUI group
Travelopia is the home for brands that create extraordinary travel experiences. We are at the forefront of global travel for those wanting something distinctive. Each of our customers demands a different experience. We give them this through real understanding and expertise. It’s at the heart of all we do at Travelopia.
Specialist travel is all we do. Passions such as yachting, trekking, cycling, learning, sports, boating, ski-ing, culture and luxury travel.
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with
- Competitive salary
- Reward scheme - online discounts on products & services
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.