Financial Crime Assistant
An fantastic opportunity has become available to join our global corporate client within their financial crime team.
Responsible for conducting enhanced due diligence, routine and complex transaction monitoring, analysis and reviews and investigations for new and existing private and corporate clients and transactions.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Financial Crime on boarding and transactional monitoring.
- Conduct routine monitoring reviews using internal and external system tools.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on EDD, KYC, transactional monitoring and compliance legislations.
- Support the compliance team on ad-hoc projects.
- Review all sanctions and PEP referrals in line with the policy to confirm/clear suggested matches and escalating any possible matches to the Financial Manager.
- Review output from the ongoing sanction and PEP screening programme.
- Ensure CRM systems are updated in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in legal/regulatory risk analysis.
- Conduct enhanced due diligence activities for all new corporate/private clients.
- Liaises with internal stakeholders and uses internet research and compliance system/tools to gather and interpret key information for mitigating risks and decision making for approving new client accounts and payment screening/monitoring.
- Support the compliance team with other duties as and when required.
- Support Compliance Projects
Key Skills Required
- Experience within a previous financial crime role.
- Well versed in EDD, KYC, transaction monitoring, PEP screening and sanction screening.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to present complex data, information and reports to the business team.
- Experience within financial services or banking is preferred.
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.