SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER
Due to their progressive growth, our client, a global leader in powertrain design, test and manufacture, has an opportunity for a Senior Senior Design Engineer to join their Northampton site. You will be working with tier 1 clients such as Bentley, Audi, JLR and BMW, in an organisation that will support you in pushing your career to the next level, whilst not compromising the work-life balance, which is reflected in their unrivaled benefits package.
The main focus of this position will be to:
- To lead and manage small to medium machine build and development projects (up to £0.5M) working with teams involving plants.
- To create concept and detailed design drawing using CAD 2D/3D, solid modelling techniques, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- To participate in installation and commissioning of machinery on site
- To advise in the development and continuous improvement projects running in plants.
- To liaise with plants, suppliers and other internal teams.
- To support plants and Product Development with process problems.
- Due to the geographical location of the manufacturing plants, travelling to Europe, US, South America and Asia is required.
For this you will receive a salary of up to £47,000 including a fantastic benefits package.