GP & Consultant Liaison Officer
About The Facility
At HCA Healthcare UK Joint Ventures we work with leading NHS Trusts and other healthcare partners to provide excellent patient care. Since joining the North West private healthcare market in 2010, through a joint partnership with The Christie, we have gone on to develop a network of facilities in the region.
The Christie Clinic, The Wilmslow Hospital and Manchester Institute of Health & Performance offer treatment across a range of specialities, and each work to our robust clinical standards and governance framework. We regularly receive excellent patient feedback in regards to the care and support we provide to our patients, and we are extremely proud of the dedication and commitment of our teams.
The GP & Consultant Liaison Officer will be responsible for building relationships with and to be the main point of contact for all prospective referral stakeholders, through the provision of a high standard of liaison, support and communication to ensure that HCA is the first choice for patients and their referrers.
Key elements of the role will involve:
- Working of the HCA Sales team, accountable for key account management and driving an increase in activity (and therefore revenue) through effective engagement.
- Promoting awareness of HCA's capabilities across all target interface/customer groups.
- Analyse and report on referral patterns to Senior HCA Colleagues and to develop a robust action plan to achieve agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Work closely with Consultant groups to establish and build relationships with GPs and their practice staff, as well as other potential primary care referral sources such as (but not limited to) Physiotherapists.
- Maximise opportunities (such as focused events) by working closely with internal stakeholders to drive referrals from all referral partners, and for these referrals to translate into patient flow through HCA facilities thereby generating revenue.
- Act as the interface between Primary Care and HCA, working closely with the internal hospital team and target Consultants.
This is an autonomous role which is predominantly field-based and requires a confident and self-motivated individual with excellent presentation, sales and relationship building skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyse referral data sets to support the development of appropriate targeting strategies.
- Develop and implement a data based strategy for the proactive targeting of interface/customer groups (E.g. GP's, Physio's etc).
- Build relationships with target consultants at identified HCA Facilities to support the growth of their private practice
- Support Consultants at the identified facilities with an effective 'Sales' interface.
- Present to groups of GPs and Consultants on hospital services
- Visit GP practices and relevant target organisations to establish strong relationships with, presenting a positive and credible image to these external stakeholders
- Develop and lead a structured programme of educational events/ seminars to promote referral stakeholder engagement
- To be proactive and ensure market feedback is used to engage with Event Coordinators to drive relevance and effectiveness of the aforementioned event programme
- Keep abreast of HCA's strategic direction, service developments and new consultants
- Prepare and present a progress reports as requested for the identified HCA facilities.
- Maintain close relationships with key internal stakeholders, both clinical and non-clinical to ensure that the referral stakeholder and patient experience is positive.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong relationship building capabilities
- Sales-minded approach
- Excellent analytical skills to include data extraction, analysis and presentation
- Ability to understand, analyse and interpret data (both qualitative and quantitative) and to use this to develop and support the overall strategic direction of the facilities
- Ability to travel
- Understanding of private healthcare market and private funding mechanisms
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong business acumen and understanding of sales and marketing