Fully or Part Qualified
Up to £40k
We are working with an independent Chartered Management accountancy practice to source a qualified or part qualified Accountant to work with the existing team, preparing accounts and overall client accountant support.
This new role reflects the continuous growth in the practice and the fact that their excellent reputation is winning them new clients at a fast pace
The work involved is of a technical nature, working alongside two other qualified accountants, compiling both management accounts and year end accounts from records completed to Trial Balance and occasionally from source documents. We are looking for CIMA or ACCA qualifications – ideally from a fully qualified individual although we can consider part qualified too.
The work will be office based with no requirement to develop business or bring on clients. You would be responsible for a section of the client base, liaising with the bookkeeping team to ensure they are working to best practices, talking to clients and holding year end meetings.
This firms’ client base is varied and offers a range of accountancy services to small to medium sized businesses and sole traders. For some clients, they work as a fully outsourced finance department – from raising invoices and chasing debts through to final year end accounts. For other clients, they support them to complete their own books and deal with tax and reporting to HMRC and Companies House. They provide a tailored service to each clients’ needs.
This practice is a progressive and values based business, where the best customer service and a strong attention to detail is essential. They choose their clients carefully to reflect this. The right attitude of the individual is as important as the skills and experience for this role
Some of the things that you would be involved with would be:
- Year end accounts
- Corporation Tax
- Company set up and Company Secretarial duties
- Management accounts
- Supporting the bookkeeping team with VAT returns
- Providing cover for the payroll team and support for payroll queries
- Reporting to Companies House
- Self –Assessment Tax Returns
- Tax planning
- Implementing Xero and other accounting/IT solutions
- Training clients’ staff to use Xero and other accountancy IT solutions
- Excel reporting
- Examining accounts for Charities and preparing Trustee reports
- CIS reporting
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Supporting mortgage applications
- Liaising with HMRC and working through disputes
Ideal Candidates will be:
- Qualified or part qualified accountants
- Proactive, hands-on approach
- Looking to work permanently in a full time office based role
- Have good technical skills with strong attention to detail
- Advanced Excel users
- Car drivers with own transport
- Able to use Taxcalc ( an advantage not essential)
- Be comfortable working with cloud based systems – ideally Xero
- Be client focussed with an outgoing professional but friendly supportive style.
If you are interested in this role and are either fully or part qualified, then please apply today sending us your CV in MSWord format. We are looking forward to hearing from you!