Accounts Assistant - Award Winning PR / Media Agency
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Award Winning PR / Media agency in an Accounts Assistant / Purchase Ledger role.
A forward thinking independent PR agency who works with some of the 21st centuries most innovative global brands, has an opening for an ambitious Accounts Assistant / Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their Finance team based out of their London office. Initially this role will be responsible for both the Accounts Payables and Receivables for the group. This role has amazing scope to take on more and more ownership of the management accounts preparation to go alongside the studies that will be provided.
This is a very hand’s on and busy role, and you will be responsible for both the Accounts Payable and Receivables functions including entering all data onto the Paprika system.
- Accurate and timely posting of all supplier invoices - overheads and recharges
- Input, match, batch and coding of invoices;
- Resolving supplier queries
- Purchase order management
- Ensure all purchase orders are properly authorised by relevant party prior to payment
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of all suppliers
- Weekly and monthly payment runs and sending out remittances
- Match supplier invoices to authorised purchase orders and proof of payment
- Create new supplier accounts in accounting system
- Ensure all supplier accounts are accurate and updated on system
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Issue reminders to staff regarding open purchase orders
- Full maintenance and reconciliation of the purchase ledger;
- Ensure timely response to requests for further information from suppliers regarding expenses or invoicing
- Regular supplier reviews/procurement
- Report to MA any concerns regarding supplier costs
- Report to MA any concerns regarding invoices
- Investigate purchase ledger variances and submit variance reports to MA
- Expenses, Petty Cash and Credit Cards
- Accurate and timely posting of all expense, petty cash and credit card costs - overheads, recharges and wage deductions
- Issue credit card statements to card holders and monitor the system
- Ensure all expense, petty cash and credit cards are properly authorised by relevant party prior to payment
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of all expenses
- Weekly internal expense runs
- Ensure accurate recording and posting of all petty cash transactions
- Ensure all credit card statements are authorised and posted on system on a timely basis
- Report to MA any concerns regarding expenses/credit card costs
- Daily posting of bank transactions and bank reconciliations
- Credit Control, assisting with the collection of outstanding invoices;
- Sending out monthly client statements
- Assisting with the year end audit
- Providing support and reporting to Financial Director
- Ideally you will have at least 1 years previous experiences within a purchase ledger team and ideally within a previous PR / Media agency;
- Previous exposure to Paprika is essential;
- Ability to resolve issues and problems with ease;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Able to work well under pressure in a busy environment and meet deadlines;
- Excellent team player;
- Self motivated, works under own initiative and can understand the bigger picture;
- Ability to influence individuals of all levels to ensure you meet your deadlines.
The successful candidate will possess and display attention to detail, logical approach and will have interpersonal skills to have conversations with stakeholders across the business. If you are an ambitious graduate looking for a cool and fun environment to develop and gain skills then please apply today with an up to date CV.
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.