Job Description: Reporting to the Head of Compliance, this role will be responsible for all regulatory developments and analyse / assess the implications for the business.
The Client- This Financial Services businessprovides financial outsourcing services to a wide range of institutional, corporate, financial, fund and private clients worldwide.
- To be the Compliance team Lead for regulatory change (including MiFID II), attending relevant forums/committees, remaining up to date with all regulatory developments and assessing the implications for the business.
- Complete gap analysis where appropriate and recommend/implement changes including updating Compliance Policies and Monitoring Plans and providing timely updates to the Head of Compliance.
- To possess a technical understanding of the business as well as a thorough understanding of the relevant FCA rules and ensure the business is conducting it’s regulated activities in line with the FCA rules.
- Identify, monitor and assess compliance breaches, complaints and incidents and ensure that these have been responded to promptly.
- Provide clear and accurate guidance to the business.
- Provide coaching and guidance to other team members ensuring work is delivered to plan.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc project work and become the subject matter expert in compliance matters.
- Assist the business and compliance function in preparing for FCA and other external visits.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Compliance.
- Experience of working within the FCA regulatory framework.
- Proven track record of managing tasks and objectives in an efficient and timely manner.
- Experience in interpreting and implementing regulatory change.
- Understanding of FCA rules within CASS, COBS, FEES, TC, SYSC, DISP, SUP.
- Knowledge of Client Assets, Custody, Dealing and related technical aspects of the Securities / Asset Management / Stockbroking sectors.
- Report writing , time management, people management and team working skills.