Engineering Analyst Ex Navy, RAF or Army
Our client, leading Consultancy organisation, help organisations maximise the safe performance of their plant, systems, platforms or assets and reduce costs across a variety of industry sectors, including Defence, Aerospace, Rail and Energy.
Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit Engineers to join their Reliability Centred Maintenance team, predominantly working on projects across the defence sector.
As an RCM Analyst / Engineer you will be at the forefront of the process and will be expected to study and understand systems in order to identify how they may fail. Communication is a key skill as you will interact with operators, maintenance professionals, designers and fellow consultants / analysts.
This opportunity would ideally suit an experienced Engineer, who has recently left or is due to leave the Army / Navy/ RAF looking for an office based position within the engineering field. We would also be keen to speak to individuals with 1 to 2 years experience in an RCM specific role within a Defence Prome Contractor / Consultancy looking to progress their career further. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a hands-on technical engineering role
- A good understanding of mechanical / electrical failures and their potential effects
- Be able to interpret engineering drawings, requirements and specifications
- Be meticulous, logical and methodical in your approach
- Have the ability to travel within the UK
- Have an understanding of preventative maintenance schedules, ideally within the Defence industry sector
- Be educated to BTEC, C&G, NVQ Level 3 or HNC / HND in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Be a self-starter, willing to undertake some self-development and the ability to take ownership and work autonomously as part of a small engineering team.
We are advertising this role in line with the Race Relations Act Section 41 exemption. Applicants would be required to meet special nationality rules and therefore this vacancy is open solely to British Citizens.