An SME manufacturing business are recruiting a Buyer. Applicants need experience purchasing electronics and engineered components, and be comfortable performing tactical and strategic procurement activities.
The Buyer will work as part of a motivated and dynamic purchasing team. The Buyer will be responsible for ensuring the effective supply of electronic components, engineered parts and subcontract services to meet the production schedule.
Specific duties of the Buyer will include:
1. Supplier Engagement - from selection/assessment, through to negotiation and performance management
2. Inventory Control - Monitor stock cost effectively, while ensuring production schedules are satisfied
3. Raise and Expedite Purchase Orders using MRP
4. Relationship Building - Customers, Suppliers, Colleagues, and Stakeholders in Engineering, Quality and Production
5. Commercial Acumen - support contractual negotiations and drafting, mitigate risk
6. Cost Reduction - Support business cost reduction targets
7. LEAN & CI - Support a culture of innovation and process improvement.
Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Purchasing, Procurement or Supply Chain experience within a manufacturing or engineering business
2. Previous experience purchasing electronics, metalwork, engineered components
3. Negotiation, supplier management and selection experience
4. MRP experience
5.CIPS, Degree or engineering qualification - desirable, certainly not essential