Finance Analyst - Costs
FTSE 100 British Retailer is looking to hire a high calibre Finance Analyst.
As Finance Analyst you will be responsible for providing financial support, cost control, insightful analysis/challenge and decision support to maximise business performance.
Strategic analysis accountabilities
- Provide analysis and support on key strategic initiatives to drive margin optimisation including sale strategy and profitability analysis, price elasticity and promotional profitability
- Support the analytics strategy, interrogating data and providing clear outputs to drive insight, actions and decision support for the business
- Adhoc analysis for the Directors and other key stakeholders as required including strategy work and scenario modelling.
Operating cost accountabilities
- Financial control and reporting of an annual cost base of c£80m, business partnering the central teams and working with business units to review and challenge costs.
- Delivering a clear, transparent and insightful planning process on costs for the annual Budget, Quarterly reforecasting and 3 year plan. Deliver clear reporting on a monthly basis, managing risks and opportunities and driving insight into performance against Budget and Forecasts.
- Engage with Business Units to identify opportunities to identify efficiencies and reduce costs, continually providing insight and opportunities to manage profitability
- Half year and full year responsibilities including detailed commentary on Operating costs YoY, co-ordination of year end cost activities with key stakeholders and delivering audit requirements
What we're looking for:
- Fully qualified ACA/CIMA or equivalent with flawless academic background
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills, track record of delivering robust and insightful analysis
- Proven commercial finance experience
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Advanced Excel skills