Established architectural practice, Isherwood + Ellis are seeking to make a senior level appointment.
Your new company
Hays is delighted to be working in partnership with Isherwood + Ellis Architects, as part of their ongoing plan for growth, to recruit for a talented Associate.
Isherwood + Ellis have developed an enviable reputation within the industry for delivering a highly personal, responsive and quality service focused on clients' individual needs. Founded in healthcare they continue to grow and develop exciting projects across a range of sectors.
Your new role
As Associate you will be given the opportunity to enhance the landscape and built environment across Northern Ireland and influence Isherwood + Ellis Architects design quality in other areas of the UK and Ireland.
You will work within a vibrant and dynamic environment where you will be a firm leader and contribute on a strategic level. You will exemplify the shared values of the practice in your daily activities, interactions with clients, colleagues and the community. As Associate you will be given the responsibility to host client meetings, design team meetings and regularly attend sites to review progress and coordinate information with your team.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a registered Architect and have the ability to carry out the full range of professional services of a qualified Architect;
- Have strong design skills and have a minimum of 5 years experience on major capital projects as Design Team Leader;
- Have a working knowledge of Building Regulations and CDM Regulations;
- Be proactive and decisive;
- Exhibit strong leadership skills to effectively lead the project team in a confident manner, handle leadership issues successfully, build a recognition of self as a leader and part of management through his/her action;
- Motivate others through using communication skills and knowledge of other peoples' behaviour to encourage the achievement of goals;
- Be self motivated and personally committed to carry out work and prepared to go that extra yard and help other to get the service to the client without direction;
- Have the ability to react effectively at short notice to changing circumstances and express a willingness to accept advice and suggestions from others;
- Strong technical ability and experience with AutoCAD (essential) and Revit (desirable).
What you'll get in return
This is a unique opportunity to join an award winning architectural practice where you will be given the platform to showcase your passion for innovative design.
Working alongside a friendly and focused team you will continue to learn and develop as a professional, supported by state of the art software and a network of architects, technologists, technicians and support staff unrivalled in the architectural industry.
Isherwood + Ellis Architects offer a highly competitive salary along with a number of additional benefits which include generous holiday arrangements, a contribution to pension, vouchers for childcare and cycle to work scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.