Engineering Sales Manager
Thorn Baker are looking for a person to manage the Turbo and Roots compressor after-market & Chesterfield SOC to deliver the strategic plan. To start asap.Accountabilities
- Deliver aftermarket business strategies, implement CBS plans, ensure on time delivery and customer service KPI’s.
- Grow UK SOC to maximise Compressor aftermarket.
- Manage SOC, sister company and ROW territories installed base sales growth.
- Maintain visibility of short term (monthly) and long term sales projects by timely completion of appropriate sales reports/predictions.
- Ensure accuracy of CRM prospects database through updating and validation of sales data.
- Manage repair facility and field service team activities to maximise productivity and a positive customer experience
- Develop and facilitate implementation of service programmes to create sustainable growth e.g. Long-term service agreements.
- Lead development and revamp of retrofit programme where appropriate to maximise profitability.
- Ensure compliance and business policies for all aftermarket activities.
- Ensure resourcing of Aftermarket function is met through appropriate recruitment, training & development to achieve business objectives.
- Develop key talent for aftermarket by identifying and exposing to new opportunities and supporting through development to meet objectives.
- Establish Howden as a trusted advisor for our top 10 customers in 2017.
- Proactively support the Aftermarket Director in development of the business strategy.
- Collaborate with Business Units and manufacturing centres supporting connectivity and delivery of innovative spare parts programmes.
- Maintain Health & Safety requirements being satisfied from initial proposal, through risk assessment, and in particular for customer site activities - encourage staff to be proactive in matters of health and safety and arrange appropriate training that for service staffs if needs are identified.
- Develop & implement enhanced communication flow to ensure Associates are engaged to support delivery of Company objectives through Values-driven behaviours.
- Interact and respond to all aspects of CBS supporting cost reduction, efficiency, delivery and Quality improvements.
- Ensure adherence to company environmental, health and safety standards in compliance with company policies to ensure a safe working environment and the minimisation of environmental impact.
Skills, knowledge & behavioursEssential skills, knowledge & behaviours
- Degree or HND / proven experience qualified
- Broad and in depth knowledge of compression machinery and plant, application, operation and maintenance
- Proven operational planning and execution skills with ability to translate strategy into delivery.
- Demonstrable leadership ability in achieving & sustaining business success and development.
- Proven ability to engage and manage relationships with major customers & internal contacts.
- Reactive management and flexibility to meet daily challenges of dynamic aftermarket business
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability in managing a remote team and proactive local facility
- Excellent Communication Skills in domestic and international markets
- Previous experience in Managing teams within a service environment
- Product knowledge of compressors or related rotating equipment
Complexity and creativity
- A high degree of professionalism is essential when communicating with customers suppliers and colleagues
- Ability to deal with demanding customers and meet their expectations whilst maintaining profitability for the business
- Negotiate and agree outcomes with end user as part of after market process.
- Prioritise deliverables based on varying requirements of end user.
- Spares Manager
- Field Service Team
- Renfrew Engineering and accounts
- Embassies relating to Visa’s
- Extensive UK and International
For more information please contact Francesca McCann at Thorn Baker on