Handyman Multi Trader
Handyman / Multitrader
Suffolk, start from home, various sites.
The applicant can reside outside of Ipswich as sites are spread and using Ipswich as a geographical reference only!
£27-29k DOE + Van ETC
Reporting to the Area Customer Care Manager and working with Customer Care Co-ordinators, Subcontractors, and all Departments as appropriate to assist in rectifying defects reported by purchasers within the Companies policies and NHBC warranty periods and continue the Company’s commitment to the customer journey.
• Using weekly job sheets, plan diary and work schedule.
• Return all job sheets to Coordinators within 3 days.
• Complete all administration and documentation in an accurate and timely manner, including completion of job sheets for emergency call outs.
Attending to Purchaser’s Defects
• Ensure that all reported defects are dealt with in a cost effective, timely and professional manner to the satisfaction of the purchaser and at the direction of the Customer Care Manager.
• Liaise with the purchasers as and when required.
• Ensure that all materials are available at the commencement of the jobs.
• Ensure that any problems or incomplete work are reported to the Customer Care Co-ordinator immediately.
• Inform the Customer Care Manager and Co-ordinator of any problems encountered or where a specialist contractor is required.
• Complete customer defects within a 28 day period or as soon as reasonable possible.
• Report defects not completed within 28 days to the Customer Care Manager / Director.
• When visiting a customer’s property, always conduct yourself in a professional and courteous manner.
• Always wear the correct uniform and PPE.
• Take every precaution to minimise disturbance and to protect the customers property at all times.
Health and Safety Training
• Carry out work in a safe manner, being particularly aware of customers and any children that may be in the home during your visit.
• Ensure that any substances hazardous to health are used in accordance with COSHH assessments.
• Ensure that all electrical equipment is regularly tested.
• Ensure that the loading of vans is within the manufacturer’s safe working limits.
• Attend health and safety and other training courses as requested by the Company.
• Ensure you have read the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures observe them at all times.
• Report accidents or near misses immediately to your Manager and record them in the accident book.
• Ensure your workplace is kept tidy and any hazards are eliminated or reported to your line manager.
• Wear appropriate protective clothing on site at all times.
• Attend all health and safety training as required by the Company.
• Educated to GSCE / GCE standard in Maths & English, and, or,
• BTEC diploma in Building Construction or an NVQ Level 2 or similar or, City & Guilds in relevant trade
• Valid CSCS card
• 3 / 5 years experience working for a residential house builder as an assistant site manager or materials controller or trades person with high standards of finish.
• Detailed understanding of NHBC customer handover requirements
• Good understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to handle complaints and difficult situations
• Good planning and organisations skills
• Problem solving and decision making skills
• A polite, tactful and assertive attitude
• Patience and calmness under pressure
• Excellent communications skills
• Good team working skills
• Behave in line with our values
• Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
• Driving Licence