Highways England are currently looking to recruit for a Route Sponsor to be based in Guildford, to look after the `M25 to Solent` (A3, M3, A303 & A3M) Route Strategy; one of the five South East Route Strategies for Highways England. We are by managing round two of the route strategy process, and developing future strategy for the network, leading to the development of a programme of work to be delivered in the Roads Investment Strategy 2.
Day to day
- Manage existing Road Investment Strategy programme - extensive and regular liaison with Major Projects to ensure management of Client Scheme Requirements to ensure correct outcomes are achieved.
- Route Strategies - Gather evidence from Stakeholders to feed into preparation of route strategies, the strategic economic growth plan and the growth & housing fund.
- Regular liaison with local Members of Parliament, Local Enterprise Partnerships and other Transport bodies.
- Understand the political landscape and engage with elected members.
- Manage network studies and extensive engagement with partners & stakeholders to understand their future needs and desires for our network.
- Manage work from consultants and delivery partners to ensure that it is being delivered to time and budget whilst also ensuring a collaborative approach with partners.
- Manage both internal and external stakeholder`s expectations.
- Develop route portraits gathering all relevant information on performance and asset to inform future investment plans.
- Develop the investment plan for the Road Investment Strategy and beyond to 2040. Identify ideas for future schemes following liaison and assessment of available data to form a business case for further funding to develop those ideas further.
- Develop a pipeline of future improvements, ensuring that Small Improvement bids are made covering all categories in the Delivery Plan.
- Excellent interpersonal skills Capable of engaging professional, technical and other partners to maximise delivery
- Ability to deliver work accurately on time within budget
- Extensive operational highways knowledge Ability to identify better ways of working through SMART objectives and continuous improvement
- Evidence of working successfully with other officials within internal and external stakeholders
- Extensive experience of Network Studies & Project/Portfolio Management
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. Y
You`re also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We`re expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk/