Assistant Management Accountant
My Client a Leading Food Retail Business in the Central London is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their head office team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the Assistant Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Perform month end procedures and prepare consolidated monthly management accounts for 20+ sites and present to FC
- Prepare and reconcile Balance Sheet accounts, Fixed Assets, Debtors Creditors, etc.
- Raising Accruals and processing Prepayments schedules at month end
- Posting salary and wages journals, reconciling control accounts
- Manage and process monthly VAT returns
- Liaise with suppliers where necessary, resolve issues and maintain good relationships
- Good communication with managers to avoid future negative variances and help them with weekly P&L reports
- Prepare weekly store P&L and KPI reports for Monday briefings
- Variance analysis review with FC and ledger maintenance
- Assist with preparing year-end statutory reports and auditors queries
- Processing weekly payment runs
- Review internal control processes and implement improvements (purchases, labour and cash controls)
Successful candidates will bright 2:1 or above degree graduates who are studying towards ACCA or CIMA qualification. Candidates must have multisite experience, with a minimum of 2 years working as an Assistant Accountant and assisted with management accounts.