gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Nottingham/Derbyshire. The role offers on-going support and development from the management team as well as a solid platform to succeed and be successful.
The client offers a fantastic working environment as well as a friendly culture to be a part of.
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate would need to have worked in a manufacturing environment and provide essential support to equipment across the business of a mechanical/basic Electrical nature. In order to be successful you would have to have experience with electrical fault finding and basic control panel changes as well as experience with motors.
Duties would include but not limited too:
- Monitoring machinery and equipment to ensure their safe operation and minimise production downtime.
- Carry out safety inspections and ensure that a preventive maintenance program is maintained for all machinery and minimise downtime on production machinery.
- Manufacture parts where required.
- Liaise with contractors in connection with onsite maintenance and repair.
- Carry out general day to day maintenance as required on site in the absence of the General Maintenance and Electrician Teams as directed by the site Management or Health, Safety and Maintenance Manager
- Establish and maintain a 'Spare Parts' ordering system and database to ensure the speedy and effective procurement of critical parts and equipment
- Provide 'Out of Hours' maintenance cover for the site to ensure production is maintained and down time is minimised.
- Proactive and has the desire to create a forward thinking mentality within the operation
- Time-Served mechanical fitter or equivalent
- Manufacturing background
- Drive and desire to make a positive change
- Motivation to get the job done.
The role offers a fantastic environment to work in and the room to progress within the operation. Hours of work will be day shift moving on to shifts across the day in the future after training.
Please send your CV and call Rikin Suchak at gap technical on
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability or the job.
Closing date: 02/06/2017