Customer Service Claims Advisor
Do you have a natural ability to relate to people?
Are you a champion for customer service who has a professional telephone manner?
Then you could be the perfect addition to our team.
Being there for our customer when things go wrong is exactly why our Claims teams exist. And the quality of service they provide at that moment of truth is what sets AXA apart from the competition.
Working within our commercial motor claims team in this job you'll be answering calls from our customers and Third Parties reporting their motor claims.
The kinds of claims typically received in the department are; accident claims, personal injury claims as a result of a road traffic accident and even property damage due to collisions. As well as speaking to third party suppliers, such as approved repairers in arranging damage repairs, so you’ll be speaking to an array of different people.
You’ll taking all the details regarding the incident to establish if the customer is eligible to make a claim and then guiding them through the process and supporting them through the whole claims process.
Every claim is different and that’s what gives the job so much variety!
You won’t need any claims experience as our comprehensive four-week training programme will give you all the knowledge and skills you’ll need to become a competent Claims Handler, capable of helping our customers make sense of the often complex world of insurance claims.
But above all we’re seeking candidates with a passion for delivering continually excellent customer service.
At AXA we pride ourselves on our award winning claims service, which is committed to service excellence and continual improvement for our customers.
Based in Haverhill town centre the office consists of around 240 staff, we pride ourselves of our really tight-knit team, which is a warm and friendly environment to work in.
Another reason why AXA has been listed again in The Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work for Survey, based on feedback from our people!
What you need to know
The selection process will include a 30-45 minute telephone interview and a half-day assessment centre at our Haverhill office.
Working Pattern & Training
Our role is full time, working a 35 hour week, and the shifts are 8am – 4pm, 9am – 5pm or 10am – 6pm and you will be giving a rota of your shifts generally a month in advance.
However during training you will be working 9-5 only, but after training you will commence the rotating shift pattern as detailed above.
What are we looking for
We look for a range of diverse qualities in candidates for this role:
- Previous customer service experience is vital, but we’re very open-minded about the industry sector in which you’ve gained this. It could be retail, hospitality, catering, health or social care. The important thing is that you’ve learnt to put the customer at the heart of everything you do.
- Confident, clear, professional and courteous telephone manner able to put people at their ease.
- A naturally empathic and compassionate nature we value life experience as highly as technical skills.
- An enquiring mind, able to gather the facts with relevant questions whilst using initiative.
- PC literate as good basic PC skills are essential, although we will obviously teach you how to use our insurance-specific software packages as part of your training programme.
- Ability to effectively manage your own workload and prioritise effectively, whilst maintaining an excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths, Grade C or above.
What we can offer you
In return for your commitment to the role we’ll offer you fantastic scope to develop a career with us.And we can also offer a wide variety of progression opportunities within the department such as Senior Claims Advisor, taking the route