Salary: £38,574 to £50,409 pa depending on experience + excellent benefits including an outstanding pension scheme.
Closing date: 29th May 2017
We are seeking an experienced and qualified procurement professional to join our team at the UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA). The Procurement Manager will provide support to the Senior Procurement Manager and Department Heads within UKAEA`s Business Units.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Direct responsibility for the Procurement aspects/strategy for two of UKAEA`s projects which align to the strategic goals.
- Ensuring UKAEA is compliant with European Commission and UK directives for procurement in the public sector
- Ensuring UKAEA is compliant with BEIS targets and milestones
Nuclear fusion, the process that powers The Sun, can play a big part in our carbon-free energy future. The Culham Centre for Fusion Energy (CCFE) is part of the UK Atomic Energy Authority and is one of the world`s leading fusion research laboratories. Our scientists and engineers are working with partners around the globe to develop fusion as a new source of clean energy for tomorrow`s power stations.
Knowledge skills and experience
Essential- MCIPS qualified
- Experience of Public Sector Procurement and use of OJEU.
- A good technical appreciation of the range of procurement categories
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers
- Commercially astute and customer focused
- Excellent negotiation skills with detailed knowledge of NEC form of Contract
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence at senior levels
- Be a good team player with ability to work effectively as part of the Group Procurement Team
Special requirements:The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties that are reasonable and commensurate with this role that may not be specifically referred to in this document