Commercial Projects Accounant
Commercial Projects Accountant
This role will report to the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis with responsibility for supporting all aspects of project accounting, budgeting, forecasting and analysis, maintaining strong relationships with both the projects and finance team.
A proactive approach with strong accounting, analysis and communication skills also prerequisites for the role. This position will working closely with the project managers to produce detailed project budgets and forecasts, together with supporting commentary and analysis
- Track project spending (Capex & Opex) against budget, ascertaining and reporting variances.
- Forecast/re-forecast total project costs, ensuring any anticipated overspends are identified and communicated to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Proactively identify areas of weakness and design, implementing appropriate controls to address them
- Quantify and monitor project benefits, providing detailed reporting of these benefits
- Interrogate and challenge the cost benefit analysis, ensuring that key assumptions are documented and supported appropriately
- Help to develop reporting in line with needs of the business
- Give training to the projects team on all aspects of finance/accounting
- Produce detailed reporting to track actual and forecast project spend versus budget
- Support the finance team with both ad-hoc and monthly activities
Skills & Experience
- Pro-active attitude with good self-motivation
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical ability
- Professional communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent team player
- Evidence of excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Proven track record of building good working relationships, internally and externally
- Experience of working independently and meeting tight deadlines
- Technical accounting skills
- The ability to achieve balance between accuracy, commercial view and timeliness
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA);