Financial Controller ACCA
£35k - £45k DOE
Due to the success experienced to date, and to assist with the future growth plans of the company, my client is now looking to appoint a Financial Controller to provide and manage more control and rigidity to the overall operations. This is a hands on role where the successful candidate will be required to get involved in all aspects of the business yet also a key role as a senior member of the management team working very closely with the directors.
Keys areas of involvement in the business include
- Accounting - oversight and involvement in all aspects of the financial accounts including bank reconciliations and VAT returns and ensuring all financial transactions are correctly recorded.
- Reconciliation - reconciling and maintain tight control on all financial accounts across various degrees of complexities including multi-currency payments, part payments, invoices and credits
- Cash Flow management - maximising the efficiency of the working capital facilities of the company
- Sales/ Credit control - making sure all customers remain in terms, credit insurance approvals, ensuring daily sales invoices are raised correctly
- Purchasing - Supporting and monitoring a multi-currency, multi-country purchasing function with complexities around returns and credits
- Stock - controlling and reconciling stock movements and levels in a fast paced constantly moving sales and purchasing environment.
- Reporting - Providing directors with key management information, both financial and operational statistics
- Systems - oversight and involvement in the full end to end processing of stock through the business.
- IT - Involvement with the operation and change management related to the IT systems used.
- Fully Qualified with at least 3 years post qualification experience essential
- Proven experience as a financial controller.
- At least 3 years senior accounting experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Advanced excel skills including V-Lookup and Pivot tables and experience is using these skills to analyse and manipulate large data sets.
- Experience in implementing and controlling operational processes that provide tracking and rigidity whilst still allowing the business to operate at speed and with agility.
- Experience in providing management information.
- Ability to problem solve and detect problems before they arise.
- Ability to work closely and support the different business functions from sales to warehouse.
- An ability and experience in learning new IT systems.
- Communication skills- required for both internal and external
- People skills - experience of management, recruitment and motivation of a diverse team as well as working in close partnership with internal colleagues
The business was founded by a team of experienced telecoms executives. Between the directors, they have worked in mobile telecommunications for over 50 years where they have an enviable track record of creating and growing startup companies as evidenced by three separate listings in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 list of fastest growing companies.Still infancy but growing rapidly the company already employs nearly 30 people, with turnover in excess of £15m. In summary it is a high growth, fast-paced company driven by a leadership team with the aspiration ability and experience to succeed.