Senior Accounts Assistant/Assistant Management Accountant
Job Title: Senior Accounts Assistant/Assistant Management Accountant
Location: North East Bristol
Salary: £27-£29,000+bens, free parking
Purpose of the role:
This role reports directly to General Ledger Team Leader and will involve assistance in preparation of monthly management accounts. The post holder will liaise with other departments to ensure smooth running of the daily operations.
Specific duties to include:
- Assisting with key daily processes within General Ledger team.
Ensure all cashiering & payments duties are performed in a timely manner; provide assistance with posting of receipts and payments; Ensuring Direct Debit process is performed timely and accurately and any issues are resolved immediately.
Working as a Senior member of the General Ledger team resolving queries, playing a part in process improvements, Annual evaluation and objective setting process.
- Liaising with other departments
Working closely with other departments to resolve queries, investigate anomalies
- Month End processes
Ensure tasks on the month end timetable are completed in a timely manner.
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Nominals
Balance Sheet reconciliations need to be completed to a set timetable and adequate planning and ability to resolve queries is required.
- Overhead Analysis
- Monthly Excess Mileage Reporting
Raising invoices and dealing with queries
- Any other tasks as required
Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent working knowledge of banking systems and various payment methods
- AAT Qualified, CIMA/ACCA studier
- Confident user of Excel
- Confident working to tight deadlines
- Planning and Organising workloads
- Excellent communication skills, able to build strong working relationships within the team and with other departments