Estimator - Housing Maintenance Contractor - Permanent – London - Up To £70k Basic Plus Package.
Currently seeking an Estimator/Senior Estimator to join a main housing contactor based in North London to work within the social housing sector. The role will be to support the bid team on tendering for predominantly social housing R&M frameworks with project values ranging from £500k - £5m. This role offers the opportunity to progress to a Senior Estimator in the future and included a highly competitive salary and package. Tenders will be priced using historical data and cost models and will relly heavily on the use of excell.
- Supporting bid team by producing accurate and competitive tenders/Bid's in order to win new work for the contractor
- Ensure that processes are practical and adhered to at all times
- Producing bills of quantities from drawings and specifications
- Cost comparison and subcontractor selection
- Preparing and submitting subcontract enquiries
- To produce competitive tender pricing for refurbishment and new build projects in varying market sectors and to support the delivery of the overall business strategy
- Undertake and manage the coordination and final preparation of tender documentation to ensure best bid solution for the Company and ensure an adequate return on the resources employed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Quantity Surveying degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years Quantity Surveyor or Estimator experience is desirable.
- Track record of winning profitable work.
- Good understanding of business development and the bidding market place.
- Awareness of commercial aspects including standard forms of contracts (NEC, TPC2005, JCT, PPC2000), conflict management and dispute resolution.
My client is one of the UK’s leading providers of refurbished and new build living solutions with almost 110 years of experience. My client provides planned maintenance and new build services to clients throughout the country through its North and Southern divisions. My client has a current turnover of over £220m and are looking to increase this further this year which is one of the core reasons they are looking for a new Estimator to join the team.
Position: Estimator - Social Housing
Location: North London
Salary: £45,000 - £70,000 + Package