Warehouse Manager, BArnsley
Role and Responsibilities
- The supervision and participation in the daily warehouse operations and activities; to be carried out in a professional manner at all times.
- Assisting in the allocation of daily duties to members of warehouse team and ensure that these are carried out efficiently and correctly.
- Receive goods inward deliveries, ensure goods offloaded, unpacked, checked and allocated to storage areas in a timely manner
- Be fully responsible for carrying out a rolling stock check on a regular basis and ensure stock integrity. The preparation and maintenance of logs to be carried out.
- Be responsible for all health and safety check lists and ensure that the warehouse staff are working fully to health and safety guidelines.
- To ensure stock integrity and orders are completed on time as requested by the customer.
- To ensure warehouse equipment is checked on a regular basis that it is safe to use and working according to requirement of health and safety procedures; any problems to be reported to warehouse manager.
- To be responsible for assessing the training needs of other warehouse staff.
- To perform any other duties allocated which are considered within the capabilities of the warehouse supervisor.
- Resolve issues as and when they arise.
- Carry out any other duties that might be reasonably asked of you.
- Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping using 5S
Knowledge Skills and Behaviour
- To consistently demonstrate a positive and courteous attitude towards External/internal customers and colleagues.
- To use personal experience and expertise to aid other staff with decision making and problem solving
- To be fully supportive of the management in implementing changes