Teacher of Geography - TLR
Permanent Teacher of Geography - TLR Vacancy at The McAuley Catholic High School to Start in September
Teacher of Geography - TLR Responsible for Teaching & Learning or Raising Achievement
Salary: MPS/UPS - TLR 2.1 £2,639
Job to start: September 2017
The McAuley Catholic High School - A Catholic Voluntary Academy
"An outstanding School OFSTED 2006 and 2009"
The McAuley Catholic High School is an exciting, vibrant learning community affiliated to the Doncaster Teaching School Alliance.
We are a school that strives to maintain traditional values with a forward thinking innovative curriculum and we require an excellent Teacher of Geography to join our Geography Department for September 2017. On appointment, you will be responsible for either Teaching and Learning or Raising Achievement within the Geography department.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a very strong and experienced team in this key department in School. Geography is a high performing subject, with large uptake at KS4 and KS5. Results in Geography in 2016 were very high with 35% of Y11 students achieving A*/A and 85% A*-C.
Do you have the enthusiasm for teaching and learning that motivates students to excel?
If so, we are looking to appoint a colleague who is:
* A talented and dynamic teacher to inspire our students from KS3 to KS5
* Highly motivated, innovative and committed to achieving outstanding results
* A qualified Geography graduate and an outstanding practitioner
* Committed to engaging with and developing out of class learning experiences for our students
* Very comfortable working with and contributing to a team with a clear collegiate ethos
Successful applicants can expect:
* A full and active part in the co-construction of new examination specifications
* The opportunity to lead and develop strategies to maximise progress of all our learners
* A fully supportive team environment to allow you to flourish within the school and department
* The opportunity to be involved in enthusing budding geographers in a range of extra-curricular trips and visits both within this country and abroad
* Extensive CPD programme and generous employer benefits through Westfield Health
The McAuley Catholic High School has an extensive CPD programme and is supportive of colleagues at all stages of their careers.
To discuss the post and/or request an application form, please contact our recruitment partner, Aj Blyth on or
Informal conversations or visits to school are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Aj Blyth.
The closing date for this position is Friday 19th May 2017 at 12 noon
Interview dates are to be confirmed
We reserve the right to close vacancies early if we have sufficient suitable applications. Therefore we encourage interested applicants to submit an application as soon as possible, as earlier interviews may be available.
At The McAuley Catholic High School we are absolutely committed to keeping our young people safe by working together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. Recruitment processes in our school comply with 'Safeguarding Children 2015' and we would expect the successful candidate to share our commitment protect children. All newly appointed colleagues will undergo an enhanced DBS as well as strict recruitment and employment checks.