Mental Wellbeing Nurse - Bupa
Mental Wellbeing Nurse, Bupa, Central London
Salary up to £50,000 per annum depending on experience, plus excellent benefits
A CBT qualification and experience in delivery of CBT is highly desirable for this role
A great opportunity has arisen for a Mental Wellbeing Nurse to join our multi-disciplinary and experienced clinical team, working for a large corporate client in Central London.
The role of the mental wellbeing nurse is to implement and deliver an effective and efficient mental health pathway for our corporate client. Located within the client setting (on-site medical centre) the mental wellbeing nurse is central with the delivery of timely and accurate triage decisions that underpins a wide range of wellbeing and healthcare services available to our corporate clients and their employees.
The mental wellbeing nurse is the first point of clinical contact for the majority of client employees with potential mental health issues and concerns. The triage is a comprehensive assessment that determines the most appropriate pathway of care and support such as self help tools, EAP, therapies and onward referrals.
Autonomous nursing role which is essential to the delivery of mental wellbeing services within a client environment. The mental wellbeing nurse must demonstrate the capacity for critical thinking and understanding of a complex client environment. In addition this role will play a proactive approach in navigating client employees to a number of on-site services.
- Undertake mental wellbeing assessments within the client setting based on:
- Delivery of up to 60 minute appointments
- Structured risk assessment with outcome measures
- Decision making process (based on an agreed pathway)
- Initiate the most appropriate interventions and/or onward referrals to include:
- On-site referrals to other on-site clinicians such as psychologists and GP's
- Off-site referrals to the EAP, psychiatrists and other specialists
- Support and navigate client employees to access a number of self-help tools and online resources
- 'Warm transfer' employees to any of the relevant on-site or client support functions such as occupational health and human resources
- Make follow up calls and/or appointments to assess client employees progress and make any relevant adjustments to their care pathway if appropriate
- Act as the key liaison point for the various healthcare professionals and key client stakeholders in relation to mental health and wellbeing
- Recordable/registered and fulfil NMC and PREP requirements
- Registered Mental Health Nurse with a minimum of 5 years appropriate clinical experience
- A diploma (or equivalent) in CBT with strong experience in delivering CBT techniques
- Previous experience with case management and triage assessments within a mental health environment
- Excellent observational skills to assess individual client needs
- Emotional resilience and non-judgemental approach
- Engage and have the ability to show real empathy
- Have the ability to work within a complex corporate client environment outside a traditional healthcare setting
- Able to deal calmly and professionally with uncertain situations
- Dedication and passionate about delivering effective healthcare solutions
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- IT proficient
What we'll give you
We'll look after you with our contributory pension scheme, bonus scheme and annual salary review and help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees). We'll also help keep you in shape with free Bupa health screens and access to our 24 hour health line and give you regular training and coaching to support and develop you.
For further information regarding this role, please contact